}“ }

August 2, 2017

HELLO AUGUST - Front Porch Tour

August, you guys!  One month closer to fall and boy, after these last few days of hot, humid weather I am definitely counting the days.  Why is it that summer used to go by in a flash and now it seems to go on forever?  Don't tell me...I'm getting old.  Ha! Ha!


I just changed out the decor on the front porch, transitioning from 4th of July to late summer and I
thought I'd share it with you before I rush in with Autumn.  Nothing fancy, just a few simple tweaks that hopefully create a welcoming first impression.


I know I've said it before but I think I love the idea of a front porch in the summer more than I like the practicality of it.  It is just a bit too hot to relax out there for long unless it's with a cup of coffee in the early morning hours.  I need to remind myself to take my quiet time out there more often.  It truly is a great place to watch the sun rise and reflect.


I think the romantic in me still imagines kids playing in the yard (or even on a quiet street) until the street lights turn on under the watchful eye of grown ups chatting it up on the front porch.  Do you remember those days?  I sure do...


Do you have a front porch?  Do you use it?  Are you like me and forget it's an option?  I'm curious if stopping to sit and greet neighbors is a dying form of connecting or is it still a welcoming way of life where you are?

xo, Patty

Here's the video tour of my front porch from my YouTube channel.  I'd love for you to subscribe and join in on the conversation because life isn't about perfection, it's about connection.

3 comments:

  1. Patty, I am rushing off to the dentist this morning...so I will watch your video afterwards. You are not old...cause when you are old time will fly by no matter the weather. When you look at your childred's children and they are starting to have babies...OMG...life is flying by for me. Oh I love that you like to use your porch. I love sitting on mine and writing cards and letters. Occasionally waving at passing cars. Some times the neighbors and I yell greetings back and forth. I guess I will soon be thinking of fall like flowers on the porch. Some of the more delicate flowers in my big pots have started to die out , so I am seriously thinking of fake flowers stuck in the pots in place of them. LOL. Then I do not have to water as much...the potato vines are taking over. Blessings, xoxo, Susie
    p.s. love the sunflowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patty,
    Love your cottage style porch and all that it represents, yes a time where the pace was slower and neighbors really knew neighbors. Maybe we can find a way to get back to that time again...
    I romanticize about life too and it makes me happy to do so. It seems to me you have created a perfect haven for all.
    Thank you for your visit too! I enjoyed hearing about your grandson and the baby caterpillars!
    Going to take a peek at your video now!
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the porch. I love to sit outside. I have such great memories of sitting on the front porch as a kid at my grandparents. We lived in a rural setting and all the cousins would gather in the yard while our parents sat on the front porch. It did seem slower then. I know we go more these days and I am not sure it is a good thing, but hard to break the cycle.

    ReplyDelete