}“ }

June 29, 2017

SUMMER TIME PORCH DECOR

I thought about titling this post "Here Comes the Sun" but the sun and high temps have been here in Southern California for a few weeks already and show no sign of easing up so saying that it's just arriving didn't quite ring true.  We've had a warm June and I'm sure July will be no different but that's nothing new, just wishful thinking on my part I guess.


Along with the heat of July comes a freshening up of the front porch decor so I thought instead of
grumbling about the weather I'd focus on the positive and share with you a few cute new finds for our small out door space.


First up is this adorable wooden sign I found at Michaels. I have seen similar sayings on other porches and have wanted to find just the right one for ours.  I think it looks great with the red, white and blue of the fourth of July but I think there are enough different shades and colors in it that it will be staying out here long after we finish celebrating.


As for all the hanging cuteness, that was courtesy of the dollar bins at Target.  The metal banner and little paper lanterns only set me back a few dollars and I adore the festive vibe they add to our small porch area.


I freshened up our hanging ferns by cutting out the dead fronds in the center and putting them in new wire baskets that I found at Walmart.  I also added a couple of new red and white impatien plants to the azalea beds that frame the porch.  Sometimes it the little touches that offer the biggest rewards, don't you think?


With no little ones currently in the house we are staying put on the fourth.  Our fur baby doesn't appreciate the booms and whistles that the local fireworks bring so our main job will be reassuring him that all is well into the wee hours of the night I'm sure.

What about you?  Anything special planned to celebrate Independence Day?  I'd love here your plans...


xo, Patty

In case you didn't know, I'm now on YouTube - Life on Lemon Lane.   I hope you hop over and take a look and even hit the subscribe button if you want to see more.



5 comments:

  1. IT is adorable! I love the sign. You are right...that one is perfect for more than just the 4th. It had me with "Listen to the birds."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fabulously festive and summery, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have missed your blog postings, but I did discover you on Instagram and as a result on You Tube. Have enjoyed your videos. Your porch looks fabulous.

    Susan in PA

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a festive porch - so welcoming! Glad to see you back on the blog. :)

    ReplyDelete