}“ }

July 1, 2016

A LITTLE RED, WHITE AND BLUE - fashion at 50

With June behind us and the 4th of July coming up next week we have officially passed the midway point of the year.  That seems hard to believe but it's true.  With excessive heat right around the corner, there are still a couple of weeks of moderate temperatures to enjoy and I for one am planning on doing just that.


It seemed appropriate to style a little bit of red, white and blue going into this Independence Day
Weekend.  I pulled out my favorite white jeans (same) to start with and added a pretty blue sleeveless peplum top (similar) and my new red necklace (similar) from my recent trip to Charming Charlie.


This is such a simple but classic look and one that will hold up well through the afternoon heat of an outdoor BBQ or any other activities you have planned.  I added an over sized floral canvas tote (similar) and my favorite blue suede sandals (same).


We have been fortunate that up until last week we really haven't had much to complain about weather wise around here.  I know that's all about to change as we settle into our normal summer heatwave temps in the upper 90's and triple digits but with 80's forecast for the next week or so I'm going to enjoy my time in the sun.  I'm sure I'll be singing a different tune soon enough.

Have a wonderful 4th of July celebration my American friends.  Even with all our problems and differences, there's still no other place I'd want to call home.

xo, Patty

You can see how I styled more red, white and blue here...

I'm joining Jo-Lynne Shane's link party and Fashion Should Be Fun today.

Shop my look here...


6 comments:

  1. This is a really cute outfit, love the floral bag with it and the necklace makes me want to run to charming Charlie's. Have a great 4th Patty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great outfit for the 4th. Love Charming Charlies. We're going camping at the Central Coast. 70's...can't wait. I already have my Red White and Blue outfit packed. If I can con hubby into it, I'll get a picture. Love your peplum tops. I would love to find one with sleeves. Have a Happy 4th, Patty. As always, thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just darling and love that color of blue.. so pretty and not too dark. Those sandals are so cute too... need some.. I need more blues and navy.. they are not my colors but I always love how they look on someone else! We're spending our "4th" tomorrow up in the mountains with my nephew and his new wife for a BBQ and my sister is going too. Will be nice to be with family in the in the mountains. On the actual 4th, we'll be home just puttering as usual. our temps have been in the high 80's so I'm enjoying the "cool" weather here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking fab! Thanks so much for linking up with Fun Fashion Friday & we'd love to see you back every Friday!

    OXOX
    Dawn Lucy
    http://fashionshouldbefun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete