}“ }

October 22, 2015

halloween on the front porch

With a little dip in the temps my grandson informed me that it was time to get busy spookifying the front porch for Halloween  I don't go overboard with the scary stuff but with a seven year old boy living here it's hard not to add a little ghoul to the house.  (Especially since his best friend across the street already has theirs all done.)


I guess I have to admit that I love it almost as much as he does.


Most of what we put up I found at The Dollar Tree.  With outdoor decor it can sometimes get so dusty and dirty that I don't want to put it away until next year so twenty dollars worth of fresh spooky is often better than cleaning and storing things until next year.


The Edison lights stay up year round, I just added a strand of orange twinkle lights to the mix.  They were only a few dollars at Walmart and they make such a great showing at night.  The cute glow in the dark plastic banner and  paper lanterns are from The Dollar Tree.  The pumpkins are battery operated and cast a nice glow at night.  I bought a pack of AAA batteries also at The Dollar Tree, so for four dollars I think I got a lot of bang for my buck.


I put up this chalkboard at the beginning of summer and I love it out here.  My husband gave me grief to know end because of it, but I think he gets a kick out of it now as well.


With the addition of a giant spider web and glittery fly, my fall wreath fits right in.


The plastic pumpkin pails are hung with twine.  My friend hung hers from the tree in her front yard with a few strands of lights and I loved the affect.  Unfortunately our trees limbs are too high so I had to settle for the porch.  My grandson does all the cobwebs in the bushes.  He is really getting good and patient with pulling them apart and not glopping them in one spot.

I wish I could show it to you at night.  When you flip the switch and the lights go on, it is pure magic.

At least the little (and not so little) people who live here think so and that's what really matters.

xo, Patty

7 comments:

  1. I really like the banner. Simple and classy. The whole porch looks terrific. I guess I'd better get out there and spook mine up a little :) Thanks for the motivation

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it allπŸŽƒπŸ‘»πŸŽƒ

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I bet the little ones will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cute.Love the giant fly and spider web.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the whole look and feel of your porch. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Patty,
    Cute.. .not s c a r y!!!
    Tell your grandson, he did a marvelous job with the bushes!!!
    Thanks for sharing!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it's perfectly spooky! I gave in and did the same at our house and I will take it down immediately after Halloween. I'm more of a fall girl but Emma LOVES Halloween. It's her favorite holiday! I can't deprive her.

    ReplyDelete