When I made my list of things I needed to address in the kitchen before the revamp, the space between the fridge and stove was right up there. If I pushed the appliances as far apart as possible it gave me seven inches to work with.
My original thought was to make a pull out shelf on wheels that I could store baking sheets in but I am not a power saw girl and my husband was not working on my time frame (he wasn't ready to drop his list of projects to cut all the pieces for me, go figure...lol) so I went to plan B.
I placed a 6" x 30" shelf on top of a baluster leg and attached the unit to the wall with a 1 x 2 piece of scrap lumber secured to a stud. Once it was done "we" decided it didn't quite look right with the leg exposed so I pulled a piece of scrap bead board (which happened to be exactly the right size) to see how it would look if I covered it up.
Here's were the lucky accident happened. As I was contemplating adding a piece of wood to the front, it dawned on me how much the bead board looked like little drawers set horizontally.
One trip to Home Depot later, I added the hammered black nobs using a template I made out of paper to center the hole and a little scrap lumber kick plate at the bottom and wa-la instant "drawers"!
One day hubby man has promised to make me my plan A unit and I can just pop the front mock drawers off of plan B and attach it. In the meantime, my ingenuity is working out just beautifully.