September 20, 2012

last minute find

After a last minute run to Home Goods and Michael's, I managed to finish my indoor fall decorating late last night.  I can never seem to stop (even for sleep) when I'm on a roll.  Before I show you what I accomplished today, I wanted to show you one of the outfits I wore last weekend to Women of Faith. 


Everything you see was found in my closet with the exception of the black straw purse which was a last minute find at Goodwill for 50% off.  It was originally $4.99 but I got it for a whopping $2.50.  I never thought I would buy clothes at a thrift store, but why not?  If you are patient and know what you're looking for, it's a great place to fill in some holes in your wardrobe.


via pinterest

I think I came pretty close to the inspiration photo.  I didn't have turquoise sandals but I think my black ones look just fine.


I love all the chunky jewelry especially with the splash of turquoise.  I think most of it was purchased at Kohl's for at least 40% off because I never pay full price at Kohl's for anything.


The blouse was a recent buy from Macy's online and the jeans are old, comfy and one of my favorite pairs.  The black sandals are from Dressbarn, I've had them for a couple of years at least. 

I'll be back tomorrow to share some of the fall touches I added around the cottage.  I hope you know how much I enjoy you stopping by.

xo, Patty

27 comments:

  1. Patty,
    I really like the outfit. And the jewelry is so pretty. I like chunky, sizable jewelry that makes a statement.
    I'm sure the conference was wonderful.
    I agree - you can find some great things at thrift shops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute outfit! I would wear it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute outfit! I never put that much thought into what I wear. Great jewelry too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely outfit,I like the colours together. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! I love a solid top with a chunky colored necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great outfit, love, love the jewelry you choose! My sandals have to have a little higher heal for I'm what you call short! Jeans are always too long. I can't wait to see you Fall decor for I know it will be over the top. Have a great day today!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice job.
    Love that chunky jewelry too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the outfit Patty! I love coral with turquoise! The vintage antique place I love began to add some clothing to their shop. I bought two brand new tops, tags still on them, for 3 dollars each!!
    Have a great day.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice! My mom gets most of her clothes at thrift shops and let me tell you...she is very stylish. I have never been able to do well at thrift shops..but I do have better luck at consignment shops.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The outfit is so cute! I like the chunky necklace with the style of the top! Great deal on the purse!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  11. Orange with blue jeans is one of my favourite combos! ~ Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous, I really love the top, really sweet
    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very nice, Patty. I love those colors together. I'm enjoying seeing your new outfits....it gives me ideas too :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the outfit, your top is much cuter than the pinterest version.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is great and inspiring...just goes to show you want can be down with a creative eye...your outfit is great and I know the conference was also

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute outfit Patty..We should see a picture of you in it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I got to thinking back. And I realized I haven't purchased one item of clothing in over a year. That has to be some kind of record, don't you think?
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute outfit! Most of my clothes come from Goodwill - even my work clothes. I'm lucky in that I have an awesome GW store about 20 min. from my house. It's in the middle of a couple of "upper class" suburbs, so they get great donations. I have a lot of designer clothes that would've cost a fortune in the store that they originally came from.

    ReplyDelete
  19. super cute Patty! i'm lovin' that coral color lately! ♥ loves to you...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely, lovely ensemble. Am loving the coral & turquoise together - so pretty :-)
    Have a happy weekend,
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Patty,
    Once you know your style...you're correct about shopping thrift shops and Seasonal clearance sales!!! You outfit is darling...I think you did a magnificient job following your inspiration photo! You've given me inspiration to now go and prepare my suitcase for vacation! Ah~h~h...how sweet the sound!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love that color. Cute outfit. Pretty jewelry too. I see so many cute combinations for style on pinterest. Since Gottschalks closed, I haven't found my go to store, so I just keep wearing the same thing. Women of Faith...sounds like a great way to spend the weekend.

    ReplyDelete