My hope is that this blog is like a visit between friends. I enjoy hearing from you and will try to reply to you in the comment section right after your comment, so stop back by and continue the conversation. - Patty

May 30, 2012

perfectly imperfect

As I poured my second cup of coffee this morning I glanced around my kitchen and smiled at the remnants of this weekends activities.  While the food is cleared away and the dishes are done, there are still little plates and colorful napkins waiting to be put back into their proper place.


I decided to take my coffee and head outside to enjoy the backyard garden in the crisp morning air.   The controlled chaos of flowers just mirrors my world.


From my view on the patio, as I gazed out onto the quiet yard, I recalled my two precious grandchildren playing noisily just a couple of days ago.


I can hear my husband and my grandson enjoying some time around the model train in the garage.  I strain to hear the life lessons pop-pop has tucked into their everyday conversation.


I know he gets how short the time is that we have with them while they are still little and their minds are sponges to what we have to teach them.  Soon enough the ways and views of the world will be upon them but for now...they are all ours.


My life is far from perfect...


The twists and turns that have been thrown in have certainly made the road rocky at times but this morning I can see it clearly...this perfectly imperfect life that is mine was known by Him before time ever came into being. 


My faith just calls me to trust the ONE who gave me breath.  To remember He has equipped me and His goodness is here amongst and entwined in every aspect of my imperfect life and that is as close to perfection as I need.

xo, Patty

I am linking to Fishtail Cottage for her weekly garden party...

22 comments:

  1. Good thoughts for all of us to think on!~Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you on giving up trying to figure it all out and enjoy all the good parts of life! It will all make sense some day. ~ Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the mix match of the garden . . . A reminder of life itself . . . enjoy reflecting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful post. Sometimes it is hard to trust the 'unseen' but that is where our faith lies. Blessings, Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully stated. Thanks for the reminders. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our your gardens are looking so gorgeous. You have the right attitude for life. That is one of the things I love about you. We really have to look for the blessings in life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a little sign in my garden that reads "Life began in a garden". I think that was what you were seeing today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Patty,
    I must say, I wish I had your faith, and along with that, the inner peace it so clearly brings to you.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful thoughts on gratitude.
    How nice to take time to enjoy our blessings.

    p.s. Perfection is boring :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful post and such a wonderful reminder as to who is really the driving force in our lives. This makes me want to sit back and breathe in all of his goodness. Amen ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm trusting, too. Thanks for a wonderful post.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A gorgeous garden. How can you not believe in Him when among such beauty? Funny how you can almost hear the echoes of voices once the tumult has died down! Enjoy your peace and beautiful garden with Him. When I wrote my last blog my mind was full of that as I drove along our beautiful country roads looking at the wild flowers and thinking of the One who created them and of his great love for each of us. Joan

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so glad you wrote such inspiring words this morning...I needed them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amen, Patty- I love the wisdom of your words this morning. It is so wonderful that you and pop-pop get how precious and sweet this time is with these precious children. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't say I feel the same peace when I look at my "imperfect life", but I am aware that I have much for which to be grateful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I certainly needed that reminder today. Life has been overwhelming me lately, and I have lost focus that He has a plan for us, a plan for good and not calamity, to give us a future and a hope. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your flowers are soooo pretty. What a wonderful place to have your morning coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love to just sit and listen to what speaks to me also. Silence but yet still noise.

    ReplyDelete
  19. A beautiful post to go with your equally beautiful garden...thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Patty,
    Do you have another cup of that coffee to share? I am right there with you, dear friend! "Many things about tomorrow, I don't seem to understand. But I know who holds tomorrow...and I know who holds my hand!"
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  21. You have a very beautiful flower garden. Thanks for sharing the photos.

    ReplyDelete