My hope is that this blog is like a visit between friends. I enjoy hearing from you and will try to reply to you in the comment section right after your comment, so stop back by and continue the conversation. - Patty

March 15, 2012

blooms and blossoms

I headed out front as soon as I got back from my parent's house today to do a little more garden clean up before the rain comes this weekend.  I managed to fill two trash cans with green waste and cut back the rest of the perennials in the front border.  I am hoping to add a compost bin to the back corner soon so that I can put all that waste back into the soil.


I did a quick stroll through the rest of the beds and noticed that the lettuce, radishes and carrots I planted from seed are peeking through the soil.






It still isn't quite warm enough to put these tomatoes in the ground but it will be soon enough.


I am waiting for my hubby to build a trellis for these grapevines and blueberries...



And the peach tree is full of blossoms which will hopefully mean plenty of delicious fruit this summer.



Why is it that all just seems right when you work hard in the garden?

Enjoy your Thursday...

xo, Patty

19 comments:

  1. Don't you just love gardening, so therapeutic! I love when you plant and you see the results popping through the soil. Have a wonderful weekend!

    Now I need to get started with my herbs this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gardening is just a way to enjoy your day. The work you put into it, comes back to you ten fold. Love gardening ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Working in the garden can be so calming! Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos, Patty! So wonderful to see those little seedlings and the peach blossom...promise of lovely things to come. I find gardening very soothing too, so good be out there and enjoying nature. This week I spied our garden primroses opening up...such a cheerful sight.
    Have a happy day.
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes I agree. I maybe exhausted and filthy but so serene inside after a day in the yard.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoying your photos for all I can do in my garden is make mud pies. I so have the urge to get out there but it is wet, wet, wet! So I am gardening through your photos! Sending warm hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning. I would love to have your soil. We had perfect soil at our home in Napa. I still miss my garden there, but living here is better for us. I will be enjoying your garden right along with you this summer. Thanks for taking us on your garden walk.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Feels so good doesnt it? I cant wait to work outside again, we have had really mild weather here but I hear the rain is coming this weekend.

    Smiles,

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's too early to plant here so I love seeing your little sprouts. ~ Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  10. My garden is still covered by a foot of snow! I am excited to see your garden, though!

    ReplyDelete
  11. All seems right with gardening because we are outside enjoying fresh air, the sounds of nature, and kneeling down on the ground with mother nature. So peaceful and calming.

    I'm a new follower. Ah yes, another gardener.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Patty looks like you're gonna have some bounty this year, its great :)
    Lots of love Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm missing being home this time of year. I'm sure my yard looks a real mess by now. I miss digging in the dirt and planting something pretty, too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I so agree. I planted snapdragons. I also cut grass but do not tell I was not supposed to.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Look at your garden going! Oh I am envious for sure. Still snow on the ground and cold out. But Mother Nature is trying her best to bring Spring to Montana. Kit

    ReplyDelete
  16. nice post thanks for sharing...blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Everything is looking great! Nice headstart on the garden! I had hoped to plant this weekend, but it sure sounds like we are going to have a wet weekend. The composting is so wonderful for the garden. I hope you get to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely photos! You made me want to start gardening :D
    I'm a new follower on Linky. Hope you can follow me too :D

    Thanks
    Witha @ http://withapinkie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I do not have a garden, flower beds but not vegtables. That is one of the reasons I look so forward to having you share your gardens. I have heard that it is so theraputic to work in the dirt. I can't wait to see all that God and you grow in your garden, this summer.

    ReplyDelete