My hope is that this blog is like a visit between friends. I enjoy hearing from you and will try to reply to you in the comment section right after your comment, so stop back by and continue the conversation. - Patty

September 26, 2011

craving banana bread

I've had the strongest urge to bake banana bread.  Maybe it has something to do with all the yumminess I've been seeing from all of you...



or maybe it has to do with the decidely chillier weather we've been experiencing...
or maybe it's the sight and smell of the overly ripe, better use me or freeze me, bananas I have hanging around.


Whatever it is, I baked plenty...
to keep here at Lemon Lane Cottage
and to package and give away.


I even baked a sample mini loaf for taste testing purposes...



Now admit it, you do that too...don't you?
The coffee's hot, won't you join me?

16 comments:

  1. Nah, I test the big loaf! lol. It sure looks good, and with coffee? You're speaking my language.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to laugh...as I am reading this I have 2 loafs of banana bread in the oven. So I have the smell to go alone with the beautiful sights of your bread!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how I love banana bread. Wish I could have smelled it baking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also freeze bananas for bread and smoothies. It looks delicious:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I freeze bananas to make this exact same bread! yummy! :D

    m.b.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Smells good! I would love a cup of coffee and some warm bread!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Actually I have two ripe bananas sitting on my kitchen table. Guess I'll be baking banana bread tomorrow. You made me hungry! I will have a slice with coffee and think of you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to join you! I like two sweeteners and some half & half and just a dash of Coffee Mate. I'm not high-maintenance, am I! It looks delicious.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can smell your banana bread from here. Mmmmm.....
    -Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your packaging is adorable!
    I do love banana bread-actually love all breads!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh that banana bread looks soooooo good. Your photos are so warm & cozy. I love that rooster too, I am decorating with them in my kitchen now and love em.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks delicious. And I usually just start on one of the big loaves. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Banana bread with coffee sound SO good right now, and yours looks delicious! I love that you made a sample loaf, too. I will have to remember to try this the next time I bake! :) Oh, I adore the way you packaged your banana bread gift! It is so sweet!

    I hope you have a good night! :)

    Blessings,
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  14. One of my favorite guilty pleasures, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  15. My early morning coffee is hot and I sit here looking at these amazing banana bread pictures, thinking to myself, how I would love to reach through my computer and taste a loaf right now. Better yet, I think it would be fun to sit with you and have coffee together. Thank goodness, I have some very ripe bananas now.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey sweet girl! Did I make you crave banana bread?! lol Yours looks oh so yummy!
    Love YOU
    Missy

    ReplyDelete