August 17, 2011

garden party

I can't tell you how much I enjoy the company of my girlfriends, both old and new.  There is something about spending an hour or two in good company that is healing to the soul.


Not only did I have my sister in law and a very dear friend over for my garden party but I also got meet Elaine of Sunny Simple Life, too.  I can't believe I didn't get any pictures while they were here but trust me when I say she is even prettier in real life than her adorable blog picture shows and her inside matches her outside which is always an added bonus.


We braved the outdoors for lunch even though the temperatures were a tad bit on the warm side.  I improvised a shade covering under our lattice patio cover to help keep things bearable.


And I gave our old, sun-faded cushions a quick makeover with some vintage sheet slip covers.


Nothing fancy, just a few pretty things to hopefully make the ladies feel special. 


After a simple taco salad lunch, we headed indoors for a quick craft and then on to our little downtown village for some shopping.  I hope the ladies enjoyed it as much as I did.  I'm sure glad I didn't wait until everything on my to do list was done.  As I told them, my house is lived in by a real family and the nicks and stains are now part of our memories.  I don't know about you, but I'd much rather have memories than perfection.

10 comments:

  1. Oh Patty you are too sweet. Thank you again for inviting me and I am so glad you shared some pics. I sort of felt funny snapping pictures of everything. It was all very charming and you are such a warm and inviting person and you made me feel so at home. Thanks again for a wonderful day and some much needed girl time. Have to get my sewing machine out and actually look at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful way to spend an afternoon. Very nice.
    Cher Sunray Gardens

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen to the lived in look. Sounds like you had a delightful afternoon. Spending time with good friends is a necessity of life. Hope your day is great. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun, Patty. And you took such pretty photos. I especially love the shadows in your first pic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's nothing like girltime!
    I'm glad you all had fun and the lived in look is the most comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you had a wonderful time..can't wait til my garden is done enough for me to have a garden party...and I totally agree I rather have a lived in house then perfect where you can't enjoy it...Happy Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree memories over perfection. A home with imperfections makes one feel right at home. What a fun afternoon, can we see what you crafted?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amen sister! I used to be all about the perfection, but now the memories are far more important...especially since I was the only one who ever cared about the perfection part in the first place!
    What a perfect way to spend a summer day.
    And now I want a taco salad.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bet your ladies did indeed feel special. Such a charming post. So . . . what was the craft?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my...I just love your photos, your stories...your whole blog! I am so happy you came to visit me so I could find you. I am your newest follower and am looking forward to spending this beautiful Sunday afternoon catching up with you!

    ReplyDelete