My hope is that this blog is like a visit between friends. I enjoy hearing from you and will try to reply to you in the comment section right after your comment, so stop back by and continue the conversation. - Patty

July 5, 2011

puttering

The only problem with three day weekends is that Tuesday comes way too soon.  


I had a chance to putter around Lemon Lane Cottage catching up on some cleaning and dusting.  It never sounds exciting but once you get started, it's not so bad especially if you love what you're cleaning.



When I was a kid it would take me forever to do the dusting in our house.  I would start out fine but somewhere along the way I would get distracted by my mom's figurines or the family scrapbook and the dusting would come to a halt.  My mom knew this and before long she'd holler from the other room to get a move on.


Funny, I can still be distracted pretty easily when I putter although now I think it has more to do with my age than any pretty figurines.


Hope you all had a wonderful long weekend and had a chance to putter a little. too.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful set of items. Dusting is never ending here since I have lots of stuff too.
    Cher Sunray Gardens

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dusting? What's that? LOL!

    I love your pretty glassware. So sparkling and beautiful.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your pretty things in these pictures, and I love the word putter. Puttering is a creative actvity too, as it's when you get ideas to do things round the home, or to make something new, and it's very soothing to spend some time quietly puttering. Enjoy your week and lots of puttering.
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reading your post is just the inspiration I needed to get on with my own puttering. With their happy colours, your pretty glassware and lamp made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, dusting can lead to other things too. I usually do a little rearranging too and get carried away. You have some beautiful pieces. Love the lamp shade.
    I'm glad you stopped by my blog because somehow, I lost you in my favorites and now I can visit you more often.

    ReplyDelete