June 14, 2011

a writing desk

I’ve been inspired by so many beautiful blogs to create my own special place to correspond with others. 


I cleaned off the desk in my craft room and started gathering pretty things from around the house. 

A lovely blue letter holder and a misfit piece of stemware...



Add to that a chippy bird candle holder, a dollar tree rose painted jar, a piece of aqua pyrex and a magnetic dry erase board...




Now, whether it’s a handwritten note, a handmade card or even a quick email, taking the time to sit and string kind words together is such an enjoyable experience. 


What about you, do you have a little space to call your own?

It is so easy to be an encourager when you’re surrounded by such pretty things.  

Don’t you agree?

12 comments:

  1. Such a lovely space indeed! I really wish I had a little desk for crafting and writing but there's no room the way things are right now. My space is a loveseat in the tv room where I keep my mini HP, a lap pad from Ikea that has a hard service where I can blog and use it for writing and a bit of crafting too. No one else sits here but me. :) But I will find a way, somehow to have a desk one of these days. ENCOURAGEMENT IS OXYGEN TO THE SOUL! Have a wonderful Wednesday! Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely pretty place for your special time....I think it is so important no matter how small it may be to have somewhere to spend a few quiet moments in the day...
    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you for putting yourself on the list. Enjoy your private sanctuary.
    Love the photo on your header.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's charming! I'm blessed to have a home office and find it to be a sanctuary whenever I close the doors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sadly I don't have a space of my own with three older daughters in school they have all desk space but I love yours. The colors would inspire me for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your special space is beautiful!! I hope to have my own space one day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty space to create...very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've created a lovely space for yourself! I wouldn't show anyone mine at the moment :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty! I love your header photo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. yes, I have a place I call my own to do such things and I've gotten a few ideas from you to add to my space such as your magnetic board..
    hug

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your special little space is very charming.

    ReplyDelete