My hope is that this blog is like a visit between friends. I enjoy hearing from you and will try to reply to you in the comment section right after your comment, so stop back by and continue the conversation. - Patty

May 22, 2011

look what's blooming

Look what’s blooming in my garden. 


I adore hydrangeas! 


Their big, happy, mopheads never fail to bring a smile to my face so I am thrilled that these beauties survived being transplanted last fall.  I received them as a gift last year for Mother’s Day lush and full of blooms. 


I hesitated putting them in the ground because I haven’t had much success in keeping them happy and healthy.  My husband tucked them into our camellia, azalea garden and they seem to be thriving. 



Our California clay soil lacks the acid to turn them that gorgeous blue but I certainly won’t complain about this scrumptious pink color.  To me they are one of the quintessential flowers of a cottage garden. 



 I am so smitten! 


So tell me, what’s blooming in your garden?

I'm joining these fun parties...

House in the roses for Show off Your Cottage Monday
Dittle Dattle for Amaze Me Monday
Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphis Monday

18 comments:

  1. Your flowers are beautiful. Hydrangeas are my favorite.My garden is not doing to well with all the rain.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, these are my favorite! I can't wait for ours to bloom! Thank you for sharing your photo's...they are beautiful!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful garden pics! Hydrangeas are my favorite too! Thanks for sharing :)
    Hope to see you on my blog.

    Sanghamitra.
    http://rainbow-thecoloursofindia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful...hydrangeas are my favorite flower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am wanting to plant some hydrangeas in my front garden, yours look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so pretty! I love hydrangeas, we don't have any here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love hydrangeas. I planted three last summer that are trying to bloom soon. My daughter gave me a large blue one for Easter this year that I will plant after it is finished blooming. It still has about 10 blooms! Your pictures are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these also..and plan to have them when we find a permanent home one day. I have heard you can put a nail in the ground next to them and it changes their color.

    I love them...you caught beautiful pictures...I hear they also dry wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I love them too!!! Yours are so pretty and what beautiful photographs!
    Happy Monday,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yummy - I love the colors - Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your pictures are gorgeous! I love hydrangeas! I've been trying to figure out how to incorporate them into my garden at some point. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE the name of your blog! My hydreangea's are just starting to bloom Yours are beautiful!! Enjoy them before they fade. But, they are even pretty when they change colors to the green/pink mix before drying aren't they? I didn't share any of my flowers this week but, will next week.

    This is my first Show Off Your Cottage Monday & I hope to join in again soon! Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  13. BEAUTIFUL! My hydrangeas are way behind yours so I am happy to enjoy your lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How wonderful that they survived. I'm fairly new to hydrangea growing, so I'm hoping mine survive too. Our heat up here in the desert may do them in, but I've got them in the safest place in the garden.
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your hydrangeas are absolutely beautiful - this is one of my favourite colourways! I love the zest of the lime green and the pretty pink together - just gorgeous!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  16. My mom has a hydrangea that she puts some type of acidic fertilizer around. That makes the blossoms blue. I'm sure your garden center could help you. But the pink is gorgeous too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi...I popped over from Meta. Monday. Your hydrangea is incredible...I wondered what would happen if you put a hothouse one in the ground. I am a huge fan of hydrangeas but have not had a lot of luck getting big blooms. Every spring I am hopeful so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I'm a new follower...come visit my blog if you have time! ~Ann

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just found your delightful blog and I'm so glad I did! I'm your newest follower. Pop over for a visit and be sure to enter my giveaway!
    xoxo,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete