My hope is that this blog is like a visit between friends. I enjoy hearing from you and will try to reply to you in the comment section right after your comment, so stop back by and continue the conversation. - Patty

May 31, 2011

June gloom

With May winding down it's hard to believe summer is just around the corner. 


I know with the terrible, destructive weather in the Midwest, our mild, gloomy days here in Southern California are nothing to complain about.


This has been a very different year of weather out here in the West.  I know it's just the ebb and flow of nature but it sure takes some getting used to.  Normally by this time of the year we would be consistently in 80's creeping into the 90's every now and then.  We did have a sunny day on Friday so I went out and took a few pictures to share while the weather cooperated.


It seems the gray days of May have given way to June gloom.  I know summer is out there somewhere!

I'm joining Fishtail Cottage for Flora Thursday.

7 comments:

  1. I can tell you, it certainly isn't hiding out in Washington! I'm watching the rain fall, again. Your gardens look fabulous!

    ~Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. I am loving this cool weather hoping it means a cool summer like last year. Helps with the ac bill for sure. Where are you in SoCal? I am in Covina.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you - still waiting for some sunshine here in Seattle! A few hints of sunshine here & there would be nice....your gardens are beautiful! You have so much that is in bloom to enjoy! Thanks for sharing at Cottage Flora Thursday's. xoxo, tracie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your gardens are beautiful...and summer? It's here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have have such deep delicious borders! I've heard other Californians speak of June Gloom which is so odd for me. We're in the high 90's and sunny sunny sunny. You can't get away from the sun - it's like living in the desert!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your gardens are just beautiful!... Yes, summer IS still out there!... enjoy... xoxo Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I can just see butterflies flying through this garden...how relaxing...it is a shame I can't send our butterflies your way...or maybe they are finding their way.

    Love, love the flower garden

    ReplyDelete