My hope is that this blog is like a visit between friends. I enjoy hearing from you and will try to reply to you in the comment section right after your comment, so stop back by and continue the conversation. - Patty

April 28, 2011

summer pickin...

I remember as a kid, every summer we would go over to my aunt’s house to pick peaches.  All they needed was a quick wash and rub under the garden hose before we bit into them.  I still vividly remember the warm sun on my face and the juice running down my arm and onto my shirt as we ate them to our hearts content.




I want my grands to have those same simple summer memories, so we’ve started our own mini orchard in the backyard here at Lemon Lane Cottage.  My husband planted the last of the fruit trees over the weekend so now we have an orange, a peach and a plum tree all loaded with blossoms and fruit just waiting for the sunshine to do its thing.

Do you have those same garden hose kind of summer memories?


I'm joining in on the fun at these linky parties...

Tootsie Time for Fertilizer Friday
Fishtail Cottage for Flora Thursday
My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home

15 comments:

  1. I love the post! your memory is so sweet!!! I have lots of similar memories of being a kid and playing in the garden! Thanks for bringing some back for me!
    I have totally enjoyed my visit to your blog...and hope you will link in again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. forgot to add...I am following you now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to blog land I love the name of your blog and your header picture is perfect.
    Summer in a garden was not only a must but a pleasure.. Thank you for bring sweet memories to my mind this morning.. Every June my dad and I would get up really early to get to the peach orchards we would always eat the first one we picked and many more before we would load up and head home. We would make many stops along the way giving friends & family members buckets of peaches then we would spend the next 48 hours trying to get them all canned before they would go bad on us. I lost my dad unexpectedly Christmas day this past year. Trying my best to hang on to my memories.. again thank you for reminding me of some very happy times.
    hugs from Savannah,Cherry your newest follower

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog...so pretty! I enjoyed your post sharing your memory!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your memory! You will love your own orchard - thanks for sharing, Paula in Idaho

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothings better than picking fresh fruit from your own trees. You shared a memory and will be creating them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is wonderful when a plant or tree triggers such fond memories for us. I have them of a few of my plants as well. I think it is great that you are making memories for your grandbabies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, those will be wonderful memories for your grandkids! Peaches are one of my all time favorites, but it seems like it's rare to find the really delicious ones very often. And an orange tree? Don't get me started on how wonderful that must be!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi and welcome to the land of blog. I adore the name of your blog and home. I'm your newest follower and hope to come back often to visit. It is so nice to meet you.
    ~ ~Ahrisha~ ~

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do have similar memories of my childhood as my Uncle was a plantation manager......we too have planted a small area of fruit trees..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your blog name is so cute! Thanks for linking up to Cottage Flora Thursday's & sharing your garden & memories...xoox, tracie

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a pretty blog. Love your header...'Our desire is that our home be a safe and nurturing place for them no matter what is going on in their lives and that they may always feel unconditional love and receive unlimited grace'...this is our motive exactly. I remember sand plums, and black berries, but mostly I remember family to share it with!! Thanks for stirring up such great memories!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this.... Passing down Memories in such a Fabulous way~

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your fruit trees are fabulous!~ I do have memories like that cherry, apple, plum, peach, pear, nut trees, and blackberries. It was so wonderful to pick and cook with fresh fruit growing up on the farm. When we all went to pick together it was all the more fun! Thanks for linking that up!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow...your grandkids will have so much fun picking up the fruit. Fruit picking is so much fun!
    Came over from my romantic home...a nice blog and a lovely name too! welcome to blogland!

    ReplyDelete